As high-achieving women of color, we know what it feels like to walk into a room and be the only one who looked like you. To be asked your opinion on a project that lacks diversity and inclusion. To frequently be asked to participate in conversations where the expectation is that your opinion speaks for all voices from your community. And not be able to talk about specific topics that are important to your culture because no one around you can relate from personal experience.
This is true for our guest today, my coaching client Karen Livingstone. After accepting a promotion to a high-level executive position and being the only person of color on the team, she decided to seek out coaching specifically for her career. However, during the search, she decided to instead get support in a more holistic approach that would not only benefit her career but her life in general.
Listen in to learn how this decision has amplified her confidence, self-trust, positive mindset, and internal safety.
GUEST INFO —
Karen Livingstone, Owner of The Personal Union Ltd.
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/karen-livingstone-mcipd-13942a15/
Lemuel Findlay Supplementary School – https://lfss.org.uk/support-us/
- Join the Group Coaching Waitlist for Deeply Rooted – https://www.brigjohnson.com/group
- Join the Next Breakthrough Master Class here – https://brigjohnson.kartra.com/calendar/BreakthroughMasterclass
- Register for the Next Melanin Hour here – https://brigjohnson.kartra.com/calendar/BreakthroughMasterclass
- Book a Breakthrough Call here – https://bit.ly/30dPsXi
- Share Your Takeaways With Me – Write to email@example.com