In a world that keeps preaching on and on about self-love, it’s hard to believe that self-love is not easy. In fact, self-love, much like other forms of love, takes work, time, and patience to cultivate.
We’ve been sold this bill of goods that says love should come easy and if you have to work for it, then maybe that’s not love. Queens, I am calling BS on this. Listen, there’s no autopilot for love. Self-love does not happen naturally and we must stop being judgmental and critical of ourselves based on this lie.
So, why is it so hard to love ourselves? Why can’t we just believe the books and the experts that tell us we are so much more than we feel we are? Well, I don’t have all the answers to why practicing self-love is so hard, but I do have some ideas on how you can start to cultivate this practice.
Press play and listen as I share how to learn to trust, accept, and love ourselves.
Maggie Reyes, Marriage Coach – https://maggiereyes.com/
- Join the Group Coaching Waitlist for Deeply Rooted – https://www.brigjohnson.com/group
- Join the Next Breakthrough Master Class here – https://brigjohnson.kartra.com/calendar/BreakthroughMasterclass
- Register for the Next Melanin Hour here – https://brigjohnson.kartra.com/calendar/BreakthroughMasterclass
- Book a Breakthrough Call here – https://bit.ly/30dPsXi
- Share Your Takeaways With Me – Write to firstname.lastname@example.org